As there is a big difference between the basic necessities and desires, the same thing is about the traditional dentistry and cosmetic dentistry Tauranga. The basic aim or objective of the person is to have his oral or dental diseases cured and promote good oral hygiene in traditional dentistry. But in cosmetic dentistry, the basic objective is totally different. In cosmetic dentistry, a person aims to improve the physical appearance of his teeth. Improvement in physical appearance does not mean that the function of the tooth is improved as well. The cosmetic dentistry is expensive than the traditional dentistry. In this type of trend, you will have to spend a lot of money if you want to acquire good looks.
Various uses and procedures of cosmetic dentistry:
As it is mentioned above that cosmetic dentistry is more expensive than traditional dentistry. So, if you have a dental insurance policy, it may not cover the whole operation but it may cover some of the procedures. There was a time when dental filling could be categorized under traditional dentistry because it restores and prevents the decaying of the teeth. But now, it can be considered as one of the cosmetic dentistry treatments by the special dentist Tauranga. This is because now the fillings used is different as it is now used to match the shade of your teeth, but before this, in early times, fillings usually left a black spot on your tooth.
Procedures of cosmetic dentistry:
- Mostly, whitening and bleaching process is used in this type of dentistry. This is the most common cosmetic procedure done on your teeth. This procedure is used to clean the poorly conditioned teeth. Our teeth can be stained due to smoking, eating, and probably poor oral hygiene. You can get a great smile if you get shiny and pearly white teeth after this procedure.
- A discoloured tooth can be repaired and restored to its old appearance as once it was through composite bonding, which is another procedure used in cosmetic dentistry.
- Nowadays, dental implants are used as artificial tooth replacements to compensate for the loss of the tooth. This will improve your smile and make you look younger.
- Inlays or Onlays are a massively used procedure in cosmetic dentistry. These are made from composite material which is long-lasting and a good way to fill a tooth.
- Gum surgery is a famous procedure in cosmetic dentistry Tauranga. Some people have big gums that result in a gummy smile. For this, the excess gum tissue of the patient is removed and sculpted by a dentist who is trained in periodontics. On the other hand, people that lack gums which made their teeth look bigger will experience grafting.